Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Proud to be FAnG! (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198724)

LEFF|pm 8 Jun 2010 20:22

Proud to be FAnG!

I just wanted to say 'Hello', just in case anyone here still remembers our pathetic forum posts back on round 7.

How many do still play?

Kjeldoran 9 Jun 2010 09:24

Re: Proud to be FAnG!

Hey LEFF, I've been warming up the croud for you the past few weeks ;)

Sun_Tzu 9 Jun 2010 11:50

Hey LEFF <3

Kjeldoran 9 Jun 2010 14:51

He only gets online once every 3 years so don't expect a reply anytime soon ;)

[DDK]gm 9 Jun 2010 23:53

Hi LEFF, all the crowd warming but only a 10second apearence in #fang :P

Kjeldoran 10 Jun 2010 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by [DDK]gm (Post 3194053)
Hi LEFF, all the crowd warming but only a 10second apearence in #fang :P

It's a shame isn't it. His activity is even more rare then good German beer is :)

Foxman 10 Jun 2010 12:43

Kjeldoran wrote me something similar a few weeks ago... he just left out the n....

ps. hi LEFF

Colt 10 Jun 2010 12:51

Hey LEFF, welcome back, even if it was a very brief stay!

Kjeldoran 10 Jun 2010 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxman (Post 3194064)
Kjeldoran wrote me something similar a few weeks ago... he just left out the n....

ps. hi LEFF

So true!

JonnyBGood 10 Jun 2010 13:47

A FAnG return would be awesome. Although quite how last time's attempt to return which failed before the round started could be topped is beyond me.

Kjeldoran 10 Jun 2010 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3194071)
A FAnG return would be awesome. Although quite how last time's attempt to return which failed before the round started could be topped is beyond me.

What round you talking about? Did someone try to revive FAnG after round 12/13?

I would agree that a return would be awesome, though rather unrealistic as the current remaining FAnG players are scattered around in several alliances including yours. So it wouldn't be "FAnG" anymore.

Then again, it'd be 1 more alliance to hate and flame and I'd again have a purpose on AD!! ;)

JonnyBGood 10 Jun 2010 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran (Post 3194072)
What round you talking about? Did someone try to revive FAnG after round 12/13?

For round 31.

Quote:

Then again, it'd be 1 more alliance to hate and flame and I'd again have a purpose on AD!! ;)
A diversification of your portfolio from the current state of affairs would certainly be welcomed by all and sundry.

Kjeldoran 10 Jun 2010 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3194073)
For round 31.

I didn't know about that. Who was running the alliance then and was it any representation of what FAnG used to be regarding members? Or did it never hit off (or failed before tickcount)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3194073)
A diversification of your portfolio from the current state of affairs would certainly be welcomed by all and sundry.

Diversification is always a good thing. Sadly enough I don't have the time anymore to run an alliance.

Scorpio 10 Jun 2010 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEFF|pm (Post 3194012)
I just wanted to say 'Hello', just in case anyone here still remembers our pathetic forum posts back on round 7.

How many do still play?

"our" pathetic forum posts?

Only "your" pathetic forum posts! :p

Sun_Tzu 10 Jun 2010 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnybgood (Post 3194071)
a fang return would be awesome. Although quite how last time's attempt to return which failed before the round started could be topped is beyond me.

it failed because nobody told me about it! :(

Foxman 10 Jun 2010 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu (Post 3194090)

i doubt it had anyone involved from the old chain of command... most likely alch/irvine trying to restart angels.... because i remember them trying that then failing because both went away :D

Veil05 10 Jun 2010 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxman (Post 3194093)
i doubt it had anyone involved from the old chain of command... most likely alch/irvine trying to restart angels.... because i remember them trying that then failing because both went away :D

are you still playing fatty?

Foxman 10 Jun 2010 22:08

not this round :p i just signed up a planet to xpwhore your round to hell though :D

Kjeldoran 11 Jun 2010 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxman (Post 3194093)

Angels aren't the same as FAnG aye. Infact, the only command both alliance shared were Irvine and myself.

Kjeldoran 11 Jun 2010 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu (Post 3194090)

True, without Sun_Tzu you might aswell skip the round as you'll fail horribly :)

Psi_K 12 Jun 2010 04:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran (Post 3194104)
Angels aren't the same as FAnG aye. Infact, the only command both alliance shared were Irvine and myself.

It was Irvine, then the faggot went MIA a week before tickstart and shit hit the fan :salute:

How do you think I got sucked back into this shitty game.

Kjeldoran 14 Jun 2010 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psi_K (Post 3194136)
It was Irvine, then the faggot went MIA a week before tickstart and shit hit the fan :salute:

How do you think I got sucked back into this shitty game.

Hehe, not the first time he pulled that on us. Though he still is the best DC I've ever had the pleasure working with. The guy didn't need any sleep for months!!

Alki 14 Jun 2010 10:37

Hi guys :>

Veil05 14 Jun 2010 14:30

FAnG was fun :(

Nadar 14 Jun 2010 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psi_K (Post 3194136)

I had to check the thread date to see if this was a post from ages ago, because it sure sounded like it :)

Yo leff, kj, ben and other woodpeckers :)

Kjeldoran 15 Jun 2010 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadar (Post 3194206)
I had to check the thread date to see if this was a post from ages ago, because it sure sounded like it :)

Yo leff, kj, ben and other woodpeckers :)

Perhaps we are preparing to come back into the game aye ... who knows.

OlaTa 15 Jun 2010 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran (Post 3194215)

[19:48:46] -Munin- Heroes Die, And Legends Fall, But Angels Are Until Four Days Before Tick Start

Munin never lies!

Kjeldoran 16 Jun 2010 09:01

Angels != FAnG though :)

And those are other Angels hehe.

LEFF|pm 19 Jun 2010 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran (Post 3194215)

I know. And we're not.

We got a new website though. Not spamming the link, just in case you've been with us and our mass-mail did not reach you, check my sig ;-)

Hi Veil, OMG Alki!, Sun_Tzu: <3, Scorpio: KJ was much worse than me. Hi Colt and Hi gm!

Kjeldoran 21 Jun 2010 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEFF|pm (Post 3194367)
I know. And we're not.

We got a new website though. Not spamming the link, just in case you've been with us and our mass-mail did not reach you, check my sig ;-)

Hi Veil, OMG Alki!, Sun_Tzu: <3, Scorpio: KJ was much worse than me. Hi Colt and Hi gm!

Way to ruin the mistery, LEFF. Becides, you wouldn't know. You only played 2 rounds with FAnG, then you quit the game :)

And yeah Scorp, my posts were much worse. Mostly because LEFF never posted but ok :)

[DDK]gm 21 Jun 2010 23:17

The Furious Mobile looks smart, i made the A-Team van, handled like crap though and didnt quite look right with jezz hanging out the window in a bikini

nolezy 22 Jun 2010 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran (Post 3194181)
Though he still is the best DC I've ever had the pleasure working with. The guy didn't need any sleep for months!!

Indeed.. not entirely certain how he always pulled it off, but he's one of the best DCs in the PAX era.

Sun_Tzu 22 Jun 2010 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolezy (Post 3194519)
Indeed.. not entirely certain how he always pulled it off, but he's one of the best DCs in the PAX era.

*pre-PAX. Irvine got his start once he took over after Carnis, rnd7 in FAnG.

nolezy 22 Jun 2010 18:28

I didn't realize that.. I only played with him during the PAX times.

I was also attempting to avoid stepping on any pre-PAX toes since the quality of player and the level of commitment was substantially greater than in the PAX era.

Sun_Tzu 22 Jun 2010 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolezy (Post 3194531)
I didn't realize that.. I only played with him during the PAX times.

I was also attempting to avoid stepping on any pre-PAX toes since the quality of player and the level of commitment was substantially greater than in the PAX era.

Original FAnG DC's held their own in pre-pax terms as well ;)

JonnyBGood 22 Jun 2010 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu (Post 3194532)
Original FAnG DC's held their own in pre-pax terms as well ;)

Like when they got raped at the end of round 7 and effectively disbanded during round 8 and were a complete non-event in round 9? Surely an epic showing for the ages!

Sun_Tzu 22 Jun 2010 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3194533)
Like when they got raped at the end of round 7 and effectively disbanded during round 8 and were a complete non-event in round 9? Surely an epic showing for the ages!

Rnd7 didn't get raped until we ran out of e, no fuel makes fighting rather hard, especially when you're outnumbered.

Rnd8 disband was after LEFF burnt out/some member(s) got hacked. This, imo, is the right place to end the story of FAnG, as later incarnations weren't really the same.

Stop trolling Irish.

nolezy 22 Jun 2010 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu (Post 3194537)
Rnd7 didn't get raped until we ran out of e, no fuel makes fighting rather hard, especially when you're outnumbered.

Ah.. yes.. the days when Eonium was merely a fuel. Can we do a throwback War/Science speedgame or something?

LEFF|pm 22 Jun 2010 20:20

Quote:

....smells like Teen Spirit :D

JonnyBGood 22 Jun 2010 20:31

Quote:

Getting raped is still getting raped.

Quote:

Rnd8 disband was after LEFF burnt out/some member(s) got hacked.
We didn't cheat, we woz hacked!

Quote:

This, imo, is the right place to end the story of FAnG, as later incarnations weren't really the same.
You mean you're not going to count the only version of FAnG which actually won a round? :D

Sun_Tzu 22 Jun 2010 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3194540)
You mean you're not going to count the only version of FAnG which actually won a round? :D

Nope. Imo the best version was the rnd7 group.

JonnyBGood 22 Jun 2010 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu (Post 3194542)

That doesn't mean it's not the same alliance after that point though. You need a serious break in terms of HC/memberbase to justify that.

Sun_Tzu 23 Jun 2010 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood (Post 3194543)
That doesn't mean it's not the same alliance after that point though. You need a serious break in terms of HC/memberbase to justify that.

Iirc Rumad, Lockhead, LEFF and TU all quit more or less after rnd8. That's 4/6 original HC (TU quit after rnd7, Rumad became less active during rnd8 and afaik never returned to hc'ing proper after that round, LEFF burnt out a bit after rnd8 and quit PA completely, Lockhead took a part of the members after the rnd8 split and joined Eclipse etc.). Big enough for you m8? Oh, and Carnis being original main DC left during rnd7. And some worthless players like Bluearmy and whomever left after rnd8. The lack of much of the original nG members is also a large part of why it later reverted to the name Angels, in reference to Furious Angels, the other original alliance that merged into FAnG. Oh, and changing from a small elite alliance early rnd7 towards a larger and less exclusive alliance with Angels later on is also a significant break in the essence of what the alliance was!

Come on history-boy. You can do better than this! I wonder how many rnd7/8 FAnG'ers have been in Asc. I'm thinking 20-25%?

Kjeldoran 23 Jun 2010 09:32

Quote:

Odd, your reaction is completely different from your pawiki logs. End of round 7 we had 2 major alliances (Virus and Legion) hatting us with no help from anyone in the block (Nor Fury, nor RaH). We managed to do decent damage control. They had 3 times the numbers so ... little we could have done.

Round 8 we disbanded due to internal crap, not because our DC's weren't good.

Kjeldoran 23 Jun 2010 09:34

Quote:

Rnd8 disband was after LEFF burnt out/some member(s) got hacked. This, imo, is the right place to end the story of FAnG, as later incarnations weren't really the same.

Stop trolling Irish.

FAnG round 10 and 10.5 were good (be it we disbanded R10 but we gave Eclipse and Elysium one hell of a fight). After that, Angels took over :)

Kjeldoran 23 Jun 2010 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu (Post 3194542)

Very true. Was the most fun round for me aswell. also the first time we got to play with the big boys (Fury, Legion, ...)

Kjeldoran 23 Jun 2010 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu (Post 3194563)
Iirc Rumad, Lockhead, LEFF and TU all quit more or less after rnd8. That's 4/6 original HC (TU quit after rnd7, Rumad became less active during rnd8 and afaik never returned to hc'ing proper after that round, LEFF burnt out a bit after rnd8 and quit PA completely, Lockhead took a part of the members after the rnd8 split and joined Eclipse etc.). Big enough for you m8? Oh, and Carnis being original main DC left during rnd7. And some worthless players like Bluearmy and whomever left after rnd8. The lack of much of the original nG members is also a large part of why it later reverted to the name Angels, in reference to Furious Angels, the other original alliance that merged into FAnG. Oh, and changing from a small elite alliance early rnd7 towards a larger and less exclusive alliance with Angels later on is also a significant break in the essence of what the alliance was!

Come on history-boy. You can do better than this! I wonder how many rnd7/8 FAnG'ers have been in Asc. I'm thinking 20-25%?

Very well said. Also Irvine became HC after round 8 (or was it during?). So did Cray and Alch. Infact, I was the ONLY remaining HC who stayed in the team, all others left or got kicked or quit. So yeah, a rather significant change.

You are correct of the reason why we renamed to Angels. Mainly because we wanted a fresh start (as a BG first) and we had little to no affection with nG anymore (As Lockhead joined Eclipse and LEFF quit the game ... both created nG).

Sun_Tzu 23 Jun 2010 11:08

Irvine was still just a dc rnd8 iirc, LEFF was the main HC that round.

Kjeldoran 23 Jun 2010 11:37

Yeah, that's what I thought. Irvine became HC when FAnG reformed.

LEFF wasn't that active and present as you think he was, during round 8 :)

I wouldn't call him the main HC that round. I think Lockhead was our most active HC back then, then Rumad and I. Hinch was just there for tech reasons, don't think he cared much about the game anymore at that stage ;)

JonnyBGood 23 Jun 2010 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran (Post 3194581)
Odd, your reaction is completely different from your pawiki logs. End of round 7 we had 2 major alliances (Virus and Legion) hatting us with no help from anyone in the block (Nor Fury, nor RaH). We managed to do decent damage control. They had 3 times the numbers so ... little we could have done.

Round 8 we disbanded due to internal crap, not because our DC's weren't good.

That's because I try to be as neutral as possible when writing that so you get as many facts across as possible while avoiding random retards coming along and ****ing it up. As I said above getting raped is getting raped. It's your fault if you get into that situation. And nobody cares if your DCs were good, the point is your alliance/HC had an emo stress-out and FAnG collapsed. Resounding success this is not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
Iirc Rumad, Lockhead, LEFF and TU all quit more or less after rnd8. That's 4/6 original HC (TU quit after rnd7, Rumad became less active during rnd8 and afaik never returned to hc'ing proper after that round, LEFF burnt out a bit after rnd8 and quit PA completely, Lockhead took a part of the members after the rnd8 split and joined Eclipse etc.). Big enough for you m8?

Not even close. That's one who quit before the round, one who just wasn't that active anymore after it and 2 who left. For an actual split where you can justifiably say that it's not the same alliance anymore you basically need all the HC gone and actual arguments to ensue over whether or not it really is the same alliance anymore, see Wolfpack. You need a real break in continuity.

Quote:

Oh, and Carnis being original main DC left during rnd7. And some worthless players like Bluearmy and whomever left after rnd8. The lack of much of the original nG members is also a large part of why it later reverted to the name Angels, in reference to Furious Angels, the other original alliance that merged into FAnG.
Yeah, like 6 rounds later.

Quote:

Oh, and changing from a small elite alliance early rnd7 towards a larger and less exclusive alliance with Angels later on is also a significant break in the essence of what the alliance was!
Totally irrelevant. Round 28 Ascendancy was a very different alliance to the Round 16 version in "HC" (myself, game, golan versus rob, jester, bwtmc), memberbase (probably less than 25% remaining from that round) and essence (xp versus hardcore value play). It was still the same alliance though. It's called evolution*.

*Please don't call us evolution :(