Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Recruitment (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   F-Crew Rd 20 Recruitment (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=193522)

Vikman 10 Jan 2007 22:17

F-Crew Rd 20 Recruitment

Well it's a new year and nearly the start of a new round (well depends on when you read this I suppose). As usual F-Crew will be battling it out, so if you want to join one of the longest established PA alliances, then pop in to our IRC public channel #f-crew and speak to one of the OP's(@) or voices(+) in there.

All types of players are welcome, people new to the game, people who have been around
for a long time and even you dinosaurs that have nothing better to do with your spare time. Our HC/BC team along with our veteran members have many rounds of PA experience between them. They are all ready and willing to help anyone who needs some advice about playing PA and any problems they may have with it. No matter what position you are in, there is always room to learn something more and F-Crew gives our members that oppurtunity.

What can F-Crew offer you?

1) A very experienced command team.
2) Daily alliance attacks.
3) Defense from fellow alliance members.
4) A relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

What does F-Crew expect from you?

1) To join in on the daily alliance attacks.
2) To defend fellow alliance members.
3) To be active in our public and private IRC channels.
4) To have fun and do the best you can.

No score requirement, vouchers, etc needed. All we ask of you is that you be active and help out your fellow members as much as possible. By this we mean that whenever you are logged into PA, you are also on irc offering ships to help defend other members. Joining our attacks regularly will help you and F-Crew as a whole grow bigger. But don't EVER forget to have fun and ask when you need help Having a divine love of bacon has also helped many succeed in F-Crew All of us at F-Crew take pride in ourselves for the great community of players that F-Crew forms round after round.

HC:
Wakey
Rocko
Jonny
Vikman
Imperial

Well that's all I have to say, I hope to see you all in #f-crew and F-Crew soon! Goodluck to all the other alliances as well! Remember to have fun! Thanks to Juice for additions to this thread!

Rocko 10 Jan 2007 22:35

Re: F-Crew Rd 20 Recruitment

Bacon bacon, who's got the Bacon!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!
WILL SOMEONE GET ME THE BACON!!!!!

while i'm waititng on that to arrive,... May i just back up everything that Vikman just said :),...... espeically the bit about the bacon,....

hylands 10 Jan 2007 23:46

no not again the BACON i remember alot of fun at the start of that!
f-crew will allways stay a good place to learn and to have fun at.
/me waves at rocko and cm
yes you 2 are still of that group of loonies that started the BACON Frenzy

GL in r20

Chef! 10 Jan 2007 23:51

Good luck in round 20 F-Crew :)

Juice 11 Jan 2007 00:26

GL all, btw Rocko i've eaten all the bacon, i will have to buy you some more.

demiGOD 11 Jan 2007 07:12

Wrap around 3 strips of bacon around a 12-inch kielbasa in a huge sausage bun. Some relish, ketchup, mustard, mushrooms and onions on the whole thing. Consume with an ice cold Budweiser. Good to go.

My first round in R19 in F-Crew proved to be worth returning. An outstanding BC team! Keep it up! :)

TheShadowMan 11 Jan 2007 09:08

bacon butttttttttttttties, good luck lads.

tsm

Ceadrath 11 Jan 2007 20:35

gl guys

are you going to let me back in? :D

Bowen 13 Jan 2007 13:48

good luck guys good to see your still here all the best for R20

Furious 13 Jan 2007 15:50

O_o

Rocko 15 Jan 2007 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceadrath
gl guys

are you going to let me back in? :D

yes Ceadrath, but bring Bacon :D...

Vikman 19 Jan 2007 22:28

Imperial is now a HC too. Congrats!

MAsta_MArk 23 Jan 2007 23:25

good luck with round20 F-Crew. :)

Rc mayhem 25 Jan 2007 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by hylands
no not again the BACON i remember alot of fun at the start of that!
f-crew will allways stay a good place to learn and to have fun at.
/me waves at rocko and cm
yes you 2 are still of that group of loonies that started the BACON Frenzy

GL in r20

We must be talking like round 8 or 9 there. It was actually a chap called TSP that started it. We were just in the right place at the right time to pick up on it and push it forward. Still amuses me the couple of rounds where 1 of our standard interview Qs was "Do you like bacon". Amazing what ppl come up with when they want to join...

TSP also had a thing about Dave Gorman....

mitchbtu 25 Jan 2007 07:15

Good Luck F-Crew

Intrebulon 28 Jan 2007 00:06

aye ham bacon!

hrm, i registered this account two years ago? funneh

kazakhstania 28 Jan 2007 19:14

Hey, I was wondering if I could join the alliance?

I am new but active daily.

I'm just wondering how irc works.

Paisley 28 Jan 2007 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazakhstania
Hey, I was wondering if I could join the alliance?

I am new but active daily.

I'm just wondering how irc works.

www.mirc.com is a decent irc client
as for f-crew...just bring bacon
when you get mIRC
key in the following
/server irc.netgamers.org
/join #f-crew and pm one of the @ (a channel operator)

Razgriz 29 Jan 2007 22:57

Wow... Imp made HC? I you had it in you.... oh... any of you guys remember me? Or has my name been passed into F-Crew Legend now?

and leave my bacon alone

Rc mayhem 29 Jan 2007 23:29

/me hugs Raz.

Where have you been? not seen you in ages! you have to come on irc for a chat

Vikman 30 Jan 2007 18:50

Yes Raz come onto irc! We miss you!!!

Razgriz 30 Jan 2007 21:36

:) would love to, my irc nick has probably been stolen by now lol... ever so popular don't you know ;)

Rc mayhem 8 Feb 2007 19:48

Round seems to be going well so far. We have now hit the 60 member mark so have implemented a waiting list. Looks like we shall be top 10 again at the end of the round currently

GoskBalem 16 Feb 2007 19:27

Well as someone returning to PA after a break I can highly recommend F-crew. I originally joined mainly cos I recognised them from r2-8, when I last played, but since then I can confirm the experience and enthusiasm of the HC's and there willing BC's.

A quick interview on IRC (10 questions), a week as a recruit and then a fully fledge member of this Bacon-loving alliance...what are you waiting for?

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]ucked

jose116 17 Feb 2007 14:14

Lo guys!

some Impressions of F-crew after two weeks of membership:

The language used in the channel can be described like that:
<xy> lo mate, r ya all right?
<ab> btw, i brb now
<cd> BACON!
<xy> nn, off i go
<sg> i h8 zee game :(
<FG> lol :P
<jose116 definetely found out that he landed in a crew full of maniacs
<xy> omg ....can ne1 send def?

==> for someone who is new to mIRC, chats of f-crew seem to be encrypted...but i found out that after some beer its not a prob to talk like them....cya l8er, nn @ all :)

after 2 weeks i can say:
you get all the help you need to understand IRC
you get all the help you need as a recruit
you get slapped with large trouts
you get a lot of funny conversations with really nice guys from all over the world...pretty nice experience
you get to know that some members are not sure about their sexuality
you get to participate in philosophical discussions about male boxers and the benefits of not washing them for 2 weeks
you also get to know that jose116 is mad :)

and now facts without kidding around:
brilliant organisation, attacks and defends work, nice and very short messages from the bosses

==> if your not sure which Ally to join: best choice: -=: F-CREW :=-

[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]ucked

Kargool 17 Feb 2007 14:29

ok ok, we get your point. F-crew if filled with retarded idiots with the urge for 1337 speak. Can someone now tell me when Wakey bought the 1up Propaganda pamphlet?

Rc mayhem 17 Feb 2007 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kargool
ok ok, we get your point. F-crew if filled with retarded idiots with the urge for 1337 speak. Can someone now tell me when Wakey bought the 1up Propaganda pamphlet?

I had to look up ttyl the other day and i have been reading 1337 for years... More posters from the non-hardcores is a good thing, even if as normal you don't like it Kargool

Kargool 17 Feb 2007 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
I had to look up ttyl the other day and i have been reading 1337 for years... More posters from the non-hardcores is a good thing, even if as normal you don't like it Kargool

Feel free to make people post on the forums, but please spare me the glorified "propagandaposts".

Rc mayhem 17 Feb 2007 15:00

They can post what they like. We just asked for it to be of good quality

jose116 17 Feb 2007 15:22

wasn't meant to be propaganda, was meant to be funny, but, yes, no fun in forums, everyone has to be sincere, got that now

furball 17 Feb 2007 15:31

Cm's explained to me the recent burst of F-Crew posting, and it seems very reasonable to me. Essentially they set Targets Of The Week for their members, and this week it included getting members to sign up to the forums and making good quality posts. They focused more on Suggestions and PD, but mentioned the F-Crew AR thread in passing.

GoskBalem and jose116 seem to have made decent posts, so I suspect they'll get their community points for this week.

Crowly 17 Feb 2007 16:44

Excuse me furball, but disagreeing with you =/= being wrong.

It's blatantly a bumping spree.

furball 17 Feb 2007 16:52

No, it's not. How is it a bumping spree? Go read the Targets Of The Week thread posted by Cm and understand why there's been a recent influx of F-Crew posters, including a huge 2 new posters posting in this thread.

Perhaps Orbit could try something similar to try to help the Planetarion community. Just a thought :).

Rc mayhem 17 Feb 2007 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by furball
No, it's not. How is it a bumping spree? Go read the Targets Of The Week thread posted by Cm and understand why there's been a recent influx of F-Crew posters, including a huge 2 new posters posting in this thread.

Perhaps Orbit could try something similar to try to help the Planetarion community. Just a thought :).

I should point out this was all Wakey's idea. I had nothing to do with coming up with it, just explaining it now.

furball 17 Feb 2007 17:20

I'm going to draw a line under all of this. Any future posts on the matter will be deleted on sight, whether from F-Crew or anyone else. F-Crew are not bumping the thread by encouraging their own members to sign up to the forums and make good quality posts. If they had told them to go and post in this thread specifically, I suspect that I would have been having words with F-Crew HC. But they didn't, hence it's fine.

Subject closed.

lou 21 Feb 2007 07:35

Sup ladies...figured i'd stop y and say HI!!

Partypopp 21 Feb 2007 18:51

Hello possible fresh meat that reads this.

Last round f crew finished in decent placment and wer doing okay this year to (t10). We would be exited if active players come :p
I wil personaly take u under my wings and teach u the in and outs of the game if u dont know it. Ppl are always around to answer possibly questions in the [F-Crew]

so do not hesitate soldiers.
be brave and great fortunes shal be found.
this is a new era for the f-crew!

#f-crew is the place for us to be found
now let me se in there.....dont let me down!

PP

PS. Razgris : i know what flying game u been playing, just dont remember the name,,,it rocked.....the razgris is comming!

hawkeye 21 Feb 2007 19:19

Well this is my first round with F-Crew and so far its been a blast.. they are a good bunch of ppl. Looking forward to the rest of the round.... :D

Rc mayhem 21 Feb 2007 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Partypopp
I wil personaly take u under my wings and teach u the in and outs of the game if u dont know it.

Don't be afraid of him. He really is a nice guy...

Markie 9 Mar 2007 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razgriz
Wow... Imp made HC? I you had it in you.... oh... any of you guys remember me? Or has my name been passed into F-Crew Legend now?

and leave my bacon alone

your bacon?? That was Keggie's !!!!!!!!!!