Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   England / Portugal (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=191466)

wu_trax 1 Jul 2006 18:24

England / Portugal

since there is no thread about it yet:
What the hell did Rooney get red for? I saw nothing at all.
And why are you guys always bitching about Hargreaves? he making a great game

gzambo 1 Jul 2006 18:31

Re: England / Portugal

standing on someone else balls is a bad thing m'kay

Dace 1 Jul 2006 18:31

Dear God please let England lose the penalty shoot out.

Thank you.

Marilyn Manson 1 Jul 2006 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dace
Dear God please let England lose the penalty shoot out.

Thank you.

You do realise that if you've jinxed it and they actually win then I'm going to ban your account, don't you?

Perle 1 Jul 2006 18:42

england+penalty=out

why do they even bother?
just give up after 120 minutes!!
the penalties are not even over and i know they will lose

Phil^ 1 Jul 2006 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
You do realise that if you've jinxed it and they actually win then I'm going to ban your account, don't you?

dont ban dace :crymeariver:

Marilyn Manson 1 Jul 2006 18:46

Have a pos rep on me, mistarh Dace. \0/

Dace 1 Jul 2006 18:46

Quote:

Thank God my account's safe now.

JonnyBGood 1 Jul 2006 18:47

England should really get a couple of extra penalties to even out the fact they're so staggeringly terrible at them.

Scorpio 1 Jul 2006 18:49

I hope those brits leave Gelsenkirchen intact :(

Marilyn Manson 1 Jul 2006 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpio
I hope those brits leave Gelsenkirchen intact :(

I predict a riot.

Paisley 1 Jul 2006 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpio
I hope those English leave Gelsenkirchen intact :(

#

Fixed

Deffeh 1 Jul 2006 18:59

I predict a riot

Perle 1 Jul 2006 18:59

what a surprise, they lost :rolleyes:

how pathetic, whats the count for england in penalty shoot outs now?

12-0 ??

well, a pathetic and very weak england team has to go home. The hosts will be very please to longer have to tolerate the english hooligans rioting in german cities.

BlacK_Bengudo 1 Jul 2006 19:04

felipao kick ass

milo 1 Jul 2006 19:09

quite clearly the immigration problem in the uk has resulted in breeding with subhumans who have DENIED us our rightful cold hearted and clinical anglo-saxoness, as proof i present the germans who have stayed pure.

in other news i gave up on england 20mins in, they wouldn't have won with rooney in the game they were playing shit with him, infact id argue the game opened up and england had more chances without rooney or beckham, it would have gone to penalities and we would have lost regardless. Because we're shit. We're shit, we're shit.

I for one now support deutchland and their endearingly grumpy bear.

ChubbyChecker 1 Jul 2006 19:14

I'm supporting Germany too now. Don't know why really. Maybe because I don't want to see no South American team (ie Brazil) win it on European soil.

Deffeh 1 Jul 2006 19:41

I dont think it was a red for rooney personally, but england were rubbish all through. Whatever their defensive brilliance, they were pish attacking wise and couldnt score for toffee

wu_trax 1 Jul 2006 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
I'm supporting Germany too now. Don't know why really. Maybe because I don't want to see no South American team (ie Brazil) win it on European soil.

Since the french are going to kick them out tonight, I wouldnt worry too much :)

Marilyn Manson 1 Jul 2006 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by wu_trax
Since the french are going to kick them out tonight, I wouldnt worry too much :)

France are surely worse than Germany in this world cup?

Apothos 1 Jul 2006 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzambo

I doubt very much he actually stood on them, there's no way he would have been able to carry on after someone as 'heavy' footed as Rooney has stood on the ol' jewels.

Marilyn Manson 1 Jul 2006 20:25

Quote:

Some people pay good money for that y'know.

meglamaniac 1 Jul 2006 20:31

The whole thing was a complete joke.
Both teams were terrible, we played better with 10 men and without Beckham and Rooney, and Rooney basically threw away the match as he'd have been first on the spot for penalties.
And yes it was an obvious red, although most of the crowd couldn't see it til the replay. He thought he was fouled, and fair enough he probably was, so he stamped his foot into the guys bollocks (sorry can't remember the player) on the way down. Not cool.

What a farce.

wu_trax 1 Jul 2006 20:35

Quote:

France are surely worse than Germany in this world cup?

I was talking about the French kicking out Brazil. ofc we will win against anybody :)

Marilyn Manson 1 Jul 2006 20:40

I hope Germany win tbh 'cos it would do Germany the world of good at a time when she's stuck in the shits in terms of self-confidence.

Deffeh 1 Jul 2006 20:46

wait, that was 1990, not now :|

paolo 1 Jul 2006 21:01

Some English still think they own Portugal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portugal

(hint: look at the flags)

edit: nevermind, the flags are Portuguees again :(

Deffeh 1 Jul 2006 21:34

when did england own portugal?

JammyJim 1 Jul 2006 22:27

My brother told me portugal is the only country weve never gone to war with in europe or beein involved in a war with...

As for the 'english hooligans out of germany' comment earlier...by all accounts our behaviour has been exemplary. There has been the odd scuffle but dont our fans outnumber every other country in terms of numbers there to support the team??

As for the performance :

The 'lets play roony up front because hes wunderkid' didnt exactly pay off did it sven? Rooney seemed crap all tournament and tbh england played a better game both defensively and attacking when rooney had left and they were forced to shake things up and change things around a lot. Tbh we looked like a mediocre team from start to finish. Portugal werent much better.

I just caught the end of Brazil France and tbh its a good thing we went out on penalties. At least people can say 'well its a luck of the draw thing then" or "they couldnt beat us in real time and penalties are just unfair" etc.....Instead of "holy crap France hammered us 23 - 0".

Although both Brazil and France have bene playing as badly as us throughout the competition tonight both teams seemed to just come alive. The level of skill was in a totally different league to england. Both defensively and upfront. the way the players handled the ball was just increadible to the point i thought 'holy crap i might be witnessing the best match of the entire tournament and ive missed the first 60 odd minutes!'

MrL_JaKiri 1 Jul 2006 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perle
how pathetic, whats the count for england in penalty shoot outs now?

12-0 ??

Out to Germany in 90, beat spain in 96, out to germany in 96, out to argentina in 98, out to Portugal in 2004, out to Portugal in 2006.

Flavius 2 Jul 2006 00:38

Hi!

wakey 2 Jul 2006 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by JammyJim
The 'lets play roony up front because hes wunderkid' didnt exactly pay off did it sven? Rooney seemed crap all tournament and tbh england played a better game both defensively and attacking when rooney had left and they were forced to shake things up and change things around a lot. Tbh we looked like a mediocre team from start to finish. Portugal werent much better.

Rooney hardly looked crap, in the games he played he pretty much seemed to be one of handful of players actually trying. The problem was the problem england have had throughout the time of sven and thats sven thinks that naming big names and playing them in any role guarentees a win which isnt true. A team of nobodies whom are playing in suitable positions and play as a team will always do better than a team of stars playing in the wrong positions and as individuals.

Rooney was isolited when he was upfront on his own, Lampard was a joke the whole world cup and Gerrard just didnt get forward like the 5 man midfield should have allowed him. You could see him getting annoyed at the lack of support he was getting not only this game but the last and you could see the red card coming the longer Sven refused to make any changes. Hey I was getting wound up and i wasnt our there running myself into the ground

Thank god Svens now out of the door, hopefully now we will get rid of some of the deadwood in the squad and we will finally start to build a good team that doesnt just sit back and expect to be gifted a win

Deffeh 2 Jul 2006 00:44

Under McLaren? Highly unlikely. In fact, new thread time

KoeN 2 Jul 2006 00:53

please sticky this thread.

:salute:

Confraria 3 Jul 2006 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by JammyJim
My brother told me portugal is the only country weve never gone to war with in europe or beein involved in a war with...

Infact the military and diplomatic alliance between England and Portugal its the oldest of the world, not sure though how many centurys..

Confraria 3 Jul 2006 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by milo
quite clearly the immigration problem in the uk has resulted in breeding with subhumans who have DENIED us our rightful cold hearted and clinical anglo-saxoness, as proof i present the germans who have stayed pure.

I really hope u're joking otherwise i should advise u to seek professional help, cause clearly u're not mentally sane.

Ste 3 Jul 2006 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confraria
I really hope u're joking otherwise i should advise u to seek professional help, cause clearly u're not mentally sane.

wow. didn't think anyone was that bad at getting sarcasm.

You're not going to survive long on here :(

JonnyBGood 3 Jul 2006 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste
You're not going to survive long on here :(

Yeah.

No jews allowed innit?

Ste 3 Jul 2006 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Yeah.

No jews allowed innit?

No darkies either, except blasto.

gzambo 3 Jul 2006 13:43

Quote:

Some people pay good money for that y'know.

the old slapper must have told rooney bout it during pillow talk

Deepflow 3 Jul 2006 15:05

I can't help thinking that Beckham, Owen and Rooney would all have scored their penalties :(

wu_trax 3 Jul 2006 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepflow
I can't help thinking that Beckham, Owen and Rooney would all have scored their penalties :(

If a player thinks about how many times his team has lost on penalties in the last years chances are good that he is going to blow it. Also, the fact that you dont have one single decent goalkeeper on your entire island doesnt help much.

gzambo 3 Jul 2006 17:10

they have given, reina and cech , oh wait they dont qualify,
the germans have missed 1 penalty in the world cup because they pratise them al the time
efficency does it every time

Apothos 3 Jul 2006 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by wu_trax
If a player thinks about how many times his team has lost on penalties in the last years chances are good that he is going to blow it. Also, the fact that you dont have one single decent goalkeeper on your entire island doesnt help much.

What are you talking about? Paul Robinson is a decent goalkeeper. Atleast comparable to Lehman at this Worldcup statistic wise, only conceded two goals, but i suppose they weren't against the mighty Costa Rica, so maybe you have a point.

PS. I'm hoping Germany win it. :)

gzambo 3 Jul 2006 17:25

personally would like to see any team but portugal purely cause i cant stand deco , ronaldo or carvalho

i reckon the germans will win

Ste 3 Jul 2006 17:30

Quote:

personally would like to see any team but portugal purely cause i cant stand deco , ronaldo or carvalho

France and Italy are just as bad though :(
And noone ever wants to see the Germans do well...

I guess they're the best of a bad bunch now...

jerome 3 Jul 2006 18:38

why would anyone want anyone bar france and zidane to win?! :(

milo 3 Jul 2006 19:07

because its a good team, id like a france/germany final as they're both playing nice positive football, my dream would then be france winning 3-2 with two henry goals and the winner being a zidane 30yrder

Nadar 3 Jul 2006 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by milo
because its a good team, id like a france/germany final as they're both playing nice positive football, my dream would then be france winning 3-2 with two henry goals and the winner being a zidane 30yrder

Maybe France is playing nice positive football, but good God it's boring to watch.

Leshy 3 Jul 2006 19:44

I'm rooting for Germany now.