Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The end of the Urwins (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=196166)

Turtle 1 Mar 2008 04:34

The end of the Urwins

Most people already know this but I figured I'd make it official to drastically cut down on the number of PMs I'm receiving asking about Urwins' status for next round.

Urwins was meant to end last round, but Reese, Dreamz and I decided to give it a whirl for a second round and see if we could end with a round victory. Obviously that didn't happen. Regardless of our final position we decided as HC that we would discontinue Urwins as an alliance after the end of Round 25, this hasn't changed.

Its been a fun, but intense two rounds for Urwins. We've had many members, most good, some bad, but I hope they learnt something whilst in Urwins and I hope the good ones had some fun along the way.

On a personal note, I'd like to thank the HC from this round, Bazza, Reese and Dreamz for the effort they put in. I'd also like to thank the officers, an ally like Urwins relies on its officers and HC, and you guys always seemed to step up when needed. Special mention to eksero this round for being one of the few truly active DCs and saving me a lot of work by DCing as much as you did :)

Finally, thanks to Yogibear for bringing Urwins back and Gabz0r and Jaran for the technical side of things.

Lastly, my congratulations to NewDawn for a deserved round win. Whilst I might not particularly like the strategies you employed, theres no doubt you guys deserved the win based on your all round performance. Hopefully some allies will step up next round and give you a run for your money.

Turtle
Urwins HC.

VenoX 1 Mar 2008 04:39

Re: The end of the Urwins

Thank u again for providing me home Turtle/Reese/Dreamz (Urwins and co) even if it was belatedly. Shoulda been with u from tick start i know, and wish i had of been, a great alliance, which i feel is the only place in PA i have truely felt at home. Will be sad to see u guys leave.

Reese 1 Mar 2008 08:58

Just a quick note..

Urwins has truly been the most "fun" I ever had in Planetarion. There were a ton of great people who played with us over the past 2 rounds, and I hope to get the chance to play on your side again!

Special greetz to Dreamz and Turtle, you guys were great. Enough good things can't be said about Eksero who was really our only other steady DC, you did an amazing job night after night. Combined with Dreamz and Turtle DC'ing our def was pretty strong. Thanks to Yogi & Jaran, and Gabz0r <3 for our bots and website. (Parse!) Bazza and Sal did a great job with setting up our raids..

And mostly thanks to all the members for making these past rounds incredibly fun. Urwins will always be my true home! I doubt you find an alliance filled with more geeky commands and general craziness, but also people who truly enjoy the game. :cool:

<3

-Reese
Urwins HC

ElAlan 1 Mar 2008 10:51

Best of luck for all you guys in the future and thanks for my short time i was in Urwins, was a a nice place to be, good bunch of guys!

Gate 1 Mar 2008 12:14

You made yourselves a horrible alliance to attack this round, which I hope you'll take as a great compliment!

Best of luck whereever y'all end up.

isildurx 1 Mar 2008 12:23

Sad to see you go guys, i have some good memories from r24 playing with you guys.

eksero 1 Mar 2008 17:34

Thanks for letting me play with you guys for the past 2 rounds, been great fun. Shame to see Urwins go, hope i get to play with you guys again <3

Mzyxptlk 1 Mar 2008 19:21

Why?

`Spider 1 Mar 2008 21:42

:( guess i shall be stopping playing again then, as its only fun when playing with all your mates :) and yeah urwins was a lot of fun while it lasted hehe, and id also like to thank all the HC and officers who made it as fun and enjoyable as it was :)
hope everyone finds a new home ok :D

Ceadrath 1 Mar 2008 22:01

shame to see you guys go so soon :(

big up to yogi and co for a awesome round before last.

Mistwraith 1 Mar 2008 22:04

I guess everyone wants to know ... did u have a member called stingray ?

robban1 1 Mar 2008 22:26

to bad youre leaving, urwins was the easiets targets around if you picked the right ones. the wrong ones did prolly dc themselves or something cos an early jgp just looked silly :)

S7R-DeViL 2 Mar 2008 21:02

bad bad... ;P i hope we see eachother in some other allys :P

newt 11 Mar 2008 01:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle
We've had many members, most good, some bad

I better be in the good list!

Seriously though, I'd have to say that Urwins is easily the best alliance I've played in since r24. Very decent outfit, sad to see you go!

§pa¢e¢ook¦e 11 Mar 2008 09:28

nothing but <3 even tho i had a short round it was a good comeback round which was enjoyable :).

Alucard 27 Mar 2008 17:45

I hate that your leaving but you roids love the fewer incomings good luck guys and good round

diege 28 Mar 2008 22:57

Heh Urwins, god you guys have been about for a while! All the best in pastures new!

Coltaine 29 Mar 2008 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by S7R-DeViL
BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET,THAN LIVE ON YOUR FEET!!

Why do you hate life so much? Theres always hope!
lmao.