Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Strategic Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Paisley's stats discussion (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201081)

Paisley 8 Dec 2015 05:59

Paisley's stats discussion

Some Good points raised, I would like to add the following.

Stats have got to cater for alliance strategies(for top allies) have a solo option for the HR and ND alliance members etc.

Having scope to fake meta classes is always welcomed.

Attack fleets have got to have a High defense tolerance to be viable as players mainly follow the path of least resistance.

I would like to see a return of 0 loss stealers apon capping ships so that viable attack fleet design can be more diverse than the 1 zik kill ship in a roiding class fleet as it has been for the last 30+ rounds

I have altered the beta stats(added in some more defense ships) and will propose them as a contender for r65 if the PA team decide to go down the stealers dont die apon capping route ... at least for 1 round trial.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
(backup copy of the stats)

The xan Fireblade is a cloak and steal ship at the same time

Edit - the stats are on a stealers don't die apon capping basis and is influenced by the r14 stats which are in imo one of teh best ships stats ever

I would hope this would encourage other stat makers to put their bids in.

Tiamat101 8 Dec 2015 09:59

Re: How to make stats, Best practice approach requested

Well I wont even look at these stats until stealers die after. It is too much of a risk of farming. There are already So many multi's out there and so many def planets that we can't let zik's just get bloody huge.

Paisley 8 Dec 2015 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiamat101 (Post 3247581)
Well I wont even look at these stats until stealers die after. It is too much of a risk of farming. There are already So many multi's out there and so many def planets that we can't let zik's just get bloody huge.

It was done on purpose that stealers fire after Pods so that blatant farming could be easily spotted for the MHs

fortran 8 Dec 2015 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3247586)
It was done on purpose that stealers fire after Pods so that blatant farming could be easily spotted for the MHs

Crashes are so easily explained.

Paisley 8 Dec 2015 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortran (Post 3247587)
Crashes are so easily explained.

If you ask Cui bono? (who benefits) on crashes, you may get away with it a few times max (The cheaters are basically playing roulette with their planet) before a trend is spotted and action taken accordingly.

fortran 8 Dec 2015 15:44

Is there any benefit? Coz it would rely on a more active investigation of the MH team. Is there a need to put more workload on them?

Paisley 8 Dec 2015 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortran (Post 3247589)
Is there any benefit? Coz it would rely on a more active investigation of the MH team. Is there a need to put more workload on them?

Thats a discussion for Appoco and the MH to have but there was a historical precedence (r14-r18) that previous MHs team could cope with a bigger playerbase than the one we have today.

Tiamat101 8 Dec 2015 19:58

Yes, but there was WAY less multi's back in r14-18.

BloodyButcher 8 Dec 2015 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiamat101 (Post 3247599)
Yes, but there was WAY less multi's back in r14-18.

The percentage of cheaters perhaps.
Clouds/MagicManiac + BF has proved they can succsefully run 10% of the univers planets without being detected by the MHs.
And even when the other allies detect them, they dont always get closed at first glance.
Stealers not dying aint gonna happend Paisley

Paisley 8 Dec 2015 20:35

I do welcome revolutionary thinking in the stats that will break the mold from the last 30+ rounds .... Any takers?

lokken 8 Dec 2015 20:45

Re: Paisley's stats discussion

Split to new thread as this is more about what the stats should be rather than how to make stats.

Paisley 8 Dec 2015 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokken (Post 3247606)
Split to new thread as this is more about what the stats should be rather than how to make stats.

Got a point, I was shorten my posts via example I.E. here is how it is done rather than post an epic instruction manual or a "how to"

Question Lok ... are you still modding the forums?

Mzyxptlk 8 Dec 2015 21:00

Only when the Lok-signal is activated.

BloodyButcher 8 Dec 2015 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3247604)
I do welcome revolutionary thinking in the stats that will break the mold from the last 30+ rounds .... Any takers?

The statsmafia dont want a revolution, just saying :o

Paisley 8 Dec 2015 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3247617)
The statsmafia dont want a revolution, just saying :o

No nice of saying it ... then the mafia are part of the problem.

lokken 9 Dec 2015 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley (Post 3247609)
Got a point, I was shorten my posts via example I.E. here is how it is done rather than post an epic instruction manual or a "how to"

Question Lok ... are you still modding the forums?

I still review AD on a nearly daily basis, but there is less discussion, and people tend to be far more civilised than it used to be, so I've less need to intervene. I've not played for the last few months as I've not had the time amongst other things but I post from time to time. As mz says, if you activate the bat signal by report post, I will take a look ASAP.