Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rnd 29 predictions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=197050)

Grog 9 Oct 2008 19:49

Rnd 29 predictions

Well I took the summer off & missed the last couple of rounds.
Now its getting colder, the nights getting shorter, so its time to come back to PA for the winter.

So I'm really wondering how things are going to be this round.

I know NewDawn will be our usual semi-competitive selves, with our ability to compete really dependant on the level of our competition.

Looking at it, Ascendancy had a seriously dominant win. I don't recall ever seeing such a huge margin of victory.

Will that continue? Is ascendancy going to play hard core again this round? Or will they revert to the more familiar role of "We don't play seriously" and still manage to be contenders. Looking at the lineup they had in the top 100 it's hard to imagine anyone competing against them if they're going to play all out again.

I see denial is returning for the upcoming round. Can they compete with Ascendancy? Will they challenge for the win?

I also hear rumours of a new alliance forming for the upcoming round.
Is there another contender out there?

CBA 9 Oct 2008 20:53

Re: Rnd 29 predictions

Denial
NewDawn
Conspiracy
Ascendancy
[Insignificant other]

lokken 9 Oct 2008 20:58

Last round we played well, most satisfactorily, probably the best an alliance has played in a long time. I have no doubt we can play better, whether we will have the personnel, the motivation and indeed an open invitation to dominate as we did is open to question.

Naturally I expect it to be difficult for us, most probably rightly so, however we play. Which is however we want. But Denial will be coming in to the round with the mentality of being highly determined to win and people should be equally as weary of them.

HRH_H_Crab 9 Oct 2008 21:03

Quote:

But Denial will be coming in to the round with the mentality of being highly determined to win and people should be equally as weary of them.
Typo or freudian slut? ;P

lokken 9 Oct 2008 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab (Post 3156725)
Typo or freudian slut? ;P

Typo, I've been up since 5:30am :(

Kenny 9 Oct 2008 23:52

Will be interesting to see where Audentes comes in to all of this.

Buddah 10 Oct 2008 03:19

#1 VsN
#2 NoX
#3 Exilition
#4 LDK
#5 Titans
#6 Dragons
#7 KoN
#8 F-crew
#9 Virus
#10 Eclipse

Buddah 10 Oct 2008 03:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny (Post 3156744)
Will be interesting to see where Audentes comes in to all of this.

latest word on the street, aud merges with f-crew and ASS and finnish on a great 11th

Qerr 10 Oct 2008 04:14

Lol Buddah, you drunken crasher, atlest use allies that play. Or hadn't you notice almost none of those play anymore. :P

anyway my prediction

Denial
ND
CT
TGV
Asc
who cares

Altho I think ASS might end 8th this round

Reese 10 Oct 2008 05:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddah (Post 3156750)
#1 VsN
#2 NoX
#3 Exilition
#4 LDK
#5 Titans
#6 Dragons
#7 KoN
#8 F-crew
#9 Virus
#10 Eclipse

TITANS FTW!!!
:salute:

stay_posi 10 Oct 2008 06:26

as chimpie put it last round

1. Whoever cares the most
2. Whoever builds the best fence
3. Whoever naps #1

Mzyxptlk 10 Oct 2008 06:39

Asc
Den
ND
CT
Veng
ROCK
Dunno

neroon 10 Oct 2008 08:59

#1 ND
#2 Denial
#3 Asc

ofc it would b VisioN as 1st if it only played :/:/

cha^ 10 Oct 2008 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA (Post 3156722)
Denial
NewDawn
Conspiracy
Ascendancy
[Insignificant other]

I have to agree with CBA on this one. We will see the order later.

[B5]Londo 10 Oct 2008 11:59

All these lists of
Denial
ND
Asc
CT
seems so very familiar to me, all of these have been near the top the last half dozen rounds or so, it seems rather dull, though Den just about counts as a new alliance, its hardly a political earthquake.

Though I forget this thread is all about lies and deception, the new alliances stay quiet and those not in them dont really have any basis for saying where they might be!

Mzyxptlk 10 Oct 2008 12:56

Personally I think that the fact that these alliances stay around for so long is in fact a good thing. Or at least a better thing that one day fly alliances. It indicates stability, as opposed to the ancient "PA IS DYING" routine we've heard repeated so much.

Growth would be an even better indicator, but hey, let's be realistic here.

eksero 10 Oct 2008 13:26

Asc
Denial
ND
CT

gzambo 10 Oct 2008 13:53

asc or denial will prob win
the rest of the top 10 will include the usual suspects

Vladel 10 Oct 2008 14:02

1- Denial
2- asc
3- newdawn
4- audentes
5- Ct
6- Ass

Imperio 10 Oct 2008 14:04

CT always plays alot better when not playing serious.

So I think CT is gonna win :cool:

Kenny 10 Oct 2008 14:51

lol

Illuvatar 10 Oct 2008 15:20

#1 Ascendancy (if they cba, surely the best quality in players)
#2 Denial or Audentes
#3 Newdawn
#4 Conspiracy
#5 TGV/Vengeance/Rock

hopefully a more interesting round than we've seen Round 28.

CBA 10 Oct 2008 15:53

Ok well people are saying what about the new allys etc etc, however lets take a look at them:

ReSa: Redemtion number 2? with a few more members? T10 maybe?

Audentes: (no offence) Assassin as HC, ummm lets take a look at previous "Assman" HC'd alliance, Angels... Jenova... So what can we say??
Sebos HC? Adastra? and Bronto, well it all speaks for itself

I wish both these alliances good luck in the coming round but its no wonder people predict ND/CT/Den and Asc much much over these.

Munkee 10 Oct 2008 16:22

I shall pretty much say i dont have a clue who the new alliances are but i predict ct a 4th or 3rd finish not really fussed on ally rank tho this time round

stay_posi 10 Oct 2008 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBA (Post 3156789)
Ok well people are saying what about the new allys etc etc, however lets take a look at them:

Audentes: (no offence) Assassin as HC, ummm lets take a look at previous "Assman" HC'd alliance, Angels... Jenova... So what can we say??

I wish both these alliances good luck in the coming round but its no wonder people predict ND/CT/Den and Asc much much over these.

Big props to CBA for going out of his way to completely trash not one but two allies trying to start up and make the game interesting!

And you wonder why you finished last round without an ally

Vladel 10 Oct 2008 19:22

CBA has a talent! has to be said :P

Kenny 10 Oct 2008 19:24

Nah, posi - let him to it. People are going to read that post and be inspired by his tremendous insight.

I just wish I'd said it first :salute:

.Disc. 10 Oct 2008 20:15

1 - Asc (Can't see anyone coming close again0
2 - Den (New members, new officers, rebuilding, maybe r30 #1)
3 - ND
4 - CT
5-10 - VGN, ROCK, Audentes, ReSa, F-Crew

Im never wrong, ever. So no more posts are needed :D

Mzyxptlk 10 Oct 2008 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by stay_posi (Post 3156793)
Big props to CBA for going out of his way to completely trash not one but two allies trying to start up and make the game interesting!

Oh bawl.

ReLogic 10 Oct 2008 21:56

#1 ND
#2 Aud
#3 Denial
#4 Asc (although i've no idea really on asc it depends how serious they play so+/- 2 rank)
#5 VGN

Vistion 10 Oct 2008 22:53

#1 Denial
#2 Audentes
#3 CT
#4 ND
#5 VGN
#6 ASC

Veedeejem! 11 Oct 2008 00:05

Denial or Asc will win as they're the only 2 alliances that actually know how to play PA...

good luck to all other allies & the new starting allies btw :)

vex` 11 Oct 2008 01:02

Asc, the giant will sleep while Denial will get bombarded by ND and CT and the rest of the UNIVERSE :D

#1 ND (after napping with CT)
#2 CT (after helping Denial loose)
#3 Denial (after the ND + CT merged, solid round)
#4 Aud + ReS (will see where they end depending on who they help...)

It will be a close round, full of crashing and FCs. Asc will enjoy the game watching and roiding whoever they want when they feel like it. If ND and CT don't play together against Denial, the game will be boring! and OFC Denial will win all the way!!! Good luck guys!!!

peninah42 11 Oct 2008 02:19

i am sad that we {thats DONT PANIC} have not even made the discussion cut....

me sad.

:(

he he he

but I hope that Redemption 2 does really awesome!
as for the rest of you! watch out! here we come! we only SEEEMM mostly harmless.

Bubert Samson 11 Oct 2008 04:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by peninah42 (Post 3156812)
i am sad that we {thats DONT PANIC} have not even made the discussion cut....

You have to make us remember you

but please, for the sake of you and your alliance, dont make us remember you as being the guys who crashed all those fleets on our planets, even if it is endlessly entertaining for me. :p

EDIT:
as for my prediction:
1. Denial
2. NewDawn
3. Ascendancy
4. Conspiracy Theory
5. Vengeance

The rest of the T10 will probably include a couple of the new alliances (I am expecting Saiph to make an appearance) and alliances like Rock and TGV to name a couple.

Thatcher 11 Oct 2008 10:25

1: Asc
2: ND
3: Denial
4: CT
5: ASS

Audentes will collapse before round end

HaNzI 11 Oct 2008 10:38

its just gonna be yet another round where the strongest alliance gets beaten down by everyone else, and the weakest alliance fence the universe and decieves the others to think they wont win

Mzyxptlk 11 Oct 2008 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNzI (Post 3156825)
its just gonna be yet another round where the strongest alliance gets beaten down by everyone else, and the weakest alliance fence the universe and decieves the others to think they wont win

Some would say that the "strong" alliance is composed of political imbeciles. There's more to this game than launching as many fleets as possible you know.

aksel 11 Oct 2008 12:28

Asc, CT or Denial will win.

ASS will finish higher than F-Crew.
:cool:

CBA 11 Oct 2008 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by aksel (Post 3156831)
Asc, CT or Denial will win.

ASS will finish higher than F-Crew.
:cool:

:)

JonnyBGood 11 Oct 2008 15:07

At this stage I know Ascendancy isn't as "full" as last round so I'd doubt we'd be playing at the same level again. I've heard good things about Denial in terms of how fast they were able to get players together and they've got some decent history so I'd probably rate them #1. After last round I'd imagine people will be very wary of, well ascendancy, but also any alliance getting a good bit out in front. As such I reckon this round will be very close but I'd give it to denial over ND over ascendancy at the end.

Thatcher 11 Oct 2008 15:16

since when was an ally growing rapidly a good thing?

quality over quantity anyday

JonnyBGood 11 Oct 2008 16:08

These days having 75 active players intag is enough to win you a round. And it's more of a regrowth than anything.

vuLgAr 11 Oct 2008 16:42

1: Asc
2: NewDawn
3: Denial
4: xVx
5: CT
6: vgn
7: HA
8: f-crew

Assassin 11 Oct 2008 18:04

Quote:

I wasnt really going to respond to this, but to have a noob such as yourself critise me is quite ironic. Correct i HCed in Angels, i was asked and brought in for one round (baring in mind i was te only active HC left with it but we wont go into that) And Jenova correct was a failure i have never said otherwise, however, it also doesnt help with me actually been on the hospital bed at the time so put the sole blame on me is hillarious. Maybe the reason why people also dont think we will end high is becuase no one really knows of us? That could also be a reason (ie we have done our own private recuitment of inviting players, we are a small community but a loyal one)

But whats the excuse for your anoying/stupid actions over the time of PA? Anyway hope you enjoy bcing in ass next round (i actually feel sorry for ass) Oh and for the 4th time, no we wont let you into our alliance so stop asking why u wasnt invited.

Back on topic:

1) Asc
2) Denial
3) Audentes
4-10 the rest.

Mek 11 Oct 2008 18:05

Quote:

you slag off these people who are trying to bring a new alliance into the game....so tell us just what exactly you contribute to planetarion?

apart from the obvious humour that your retarded posts bring to the forums of course :)

Kenny 11 Oct 2008 18:42

For a serious suggestion:

1/2: Asc/Denial

3/4: ND/VGN

5/6: Audentes/CT

The rest? Not sure. But I dont believe CT are going to be doing well and I know EVERY alliance says that, but we kicked A LOT of players out this round for being un-productive (or in some cases: counter-productive) and we're not playing for an alliance victory.

I think with the return of a couple of alliances, and a couple of new ones appearing on-scene it has the potential to be as good a round as R27 (which in my opinion was fkin ace), so good luck all! :)

jelle 11 Oct 2008 19:31

Denial/ND/ASC

Will be fun to see if the new allies can prove me wrong :)

HaNzI 12 Oct 2008 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3156828)
Some would say that the "strong" alliance is composed of political imbeciles. There's more to this game than launching as many fleets as possible you know.

You are right ofcourse. With the fantastic stab by the Denial HC on CT round27 im surprised if CT does anything else but work against denial together with someone else. I for sure would not work with stabbers. And how the HCs acted in the eorc i find it hard to believe they can seek any help from asc aswell. so its only ND left then of the "top" alliances, and they will ofcourse rather play with CT then denial.

that was not really my point with strong, as its pretty obvious denial is very weak politically ( play the round to prove me wrong as this is just a prediction) Denial will have a strong active group of players and might just win on share activity and power, combined with no effort to take them down. but they sure are in for a shitstorm politically and thats why i dont think they will win.

#1 Asc/ct
#2 ct/denial/asc
#3 ND/ct/denial

CBA 12 Oct 2008 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mek (Post 3156846)
you slag off these people who are trying to bring a new alliance into the game....so tell us just what exactly you contribute to planetarion?

apart from the obvious humour that your retarded posts bring to the forums of course :)

They are hardly brining new players to the game.... contribution is hardly anything.

For me personally, you answered your own question ;)