Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Reset round (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201147)

Veedeejem! 23 Mar 2016 12:00

Reset round

As much "fun" as sending 3 attack fleets, not checking them, possibly crashing for xp every day is do we really want to spend an entire round doing that?
This isn't what PA is supposed to be about, most people I've talked to don't seem to enjoy this either.

So here's a simple suggestion:
  • Stop the ticker
  • Reset to tick 0
  • Change stats to a decent set that has been used in the past
  • Restart game and forget this retarded ****up ever happened
  • Profit

Benneh 23 Mar 2016 12:19

Re: Reset round

Or you know...

Maybe you could just adapt your play style for a round? Try something different... or yawn do you want to init roids and sit on them? CAUSE THATS ALSO SO MUCH FUN.

I agree these stats seem pretty thrown together and are very abuseable for XP but there are still a fair amount of planets going value. Early XP is always king, especially when XP whores can roid other XP whores.

What happens when these value caths and ziks get the roids and the Xans with no value cant get them back?

Its not even a week in, just because you don't like it/didnt plan ahead why should we all suffer a reset, also not sure who you have spoken to. I'm quite enjoying this so far. Hell even Cochese has managed to launch 2 attacks in a day on me. If thats not progress i dont know what is.

booji 23 Mar 2016 12:24

This seems a little overblown. A change is good once in a while so why should there not be the occasional xp round? I personally don't like this playstyle but don't see this as a reason to call for a reset so instead have gone scanner.

If you don't like rushing after xp all the time you can still play value, it just wont be the only option this round as it is harder to do and less productive. Normally those who like playing xp have no chance, this round value is hard, but it is by no means decided yet that it is impossible.

fortran 23 Mar 2016 12:26

XP is considerably nerfed. I don't think planets going for xp only from day 1 can win even with these stats.

Krypton 23 Mar 2016 12:39

Neither do I.

Maybe this was brought up because the "greatest alliance around" cannot read the manual and mistook XP as being king this round and have suddenly realised they can't land anyone with a half decent rev fleet...

Just a hunch

Benneh 23 Mar 2016 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krypton (Post 3250619)
Neither do I.

Maybe this was brought up because the "greatest alliance around" cannot read stats and mistook XP as being king this round and have suddenly realised they can't land anyone with a half decent rev fleet...

Just a hunch

You should have less hunches, it would benefit everyone.
Revs are fun to land on admittedly.

zazael 23 Mar 2016 12:45

Long live king benneh :p

berten 23 Mar 2016 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krypton (Post 3250619)
Neither do I.

Maybe this was brought up because the "greatest alliance around" cannot read the manual and mistook XP as being king this round and have suddenly realised they can't land anyone with a half decent rev fleet...

Just a hunch

heh,
or wait ...,
no still just, heh

ReaperSix 23 Mar 2016 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benneh (Post 3250620)
You should have less hunches, it would benefit everyone.
Revs are fun to land on admittedly.

I still hate you from r59 when the stats were like this.

ReaperSix 23 Mar 2016 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veedeejem! (Post 3250613)
As much "fun" as sending 3 attack fleets, not checking them, possibly crashing for xp every day is do we really want to spend an entire round doing that?
This isn't what PA is supposed to be about, most people I've talked to don't seem to enjoy this either.

So here's a simple suggestion:
  • Stop the ticker
  • Reset to tick 0
  • Change stats to a decent set that has been used in the past
  • Restart game and forget this retarded ****up ever happened
  • Profit

So if we set this precedent does that mean if I don't like how next round is going and can get a few people to agree with me we can call a reset?

Benneh 23 Mar 2016 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReaperSix (Post 3250623)
I still hate you from r59 when the stats were like this.

I know honey, you hit me 60 odd times.

Cochese 23 Mar 2016 15:00

This is pretty hilarious.

Paisley 23 Mar 2016 15:21

ITs hardly r16 but im glad its a "different" round

[DDK]gm 25 Mar 2016 14:20

ATM its just an all out cripple fight between CT and Ult, once the XP cap kicks in and the war ends i think we will be both screwed by the value alliances.

Joseph 25 Mar 2016 17:20

funny, naptarion is a way better then attacking??

ofc the round is just beggining.. no doubt zik and cath will make a LOT of xans obsolet.
new xp formulae makes impossible win a entire round just xping..

anyway

reset the round is crazy.. other way i would ask to reset all defensive rounds where ppl cant land those fenced idiot gals...

Zeke 14 Apr 2016 10:57

the first value player will soon get rank #1, this aint an xp round. In fact its the first round I see, where xp play style as a well as value both work to get top5

Mzyxptlk 14 Apr 2016 10:59

Round 16 had a value player end #2. Are you suggesting that wasn't an XP round either?

M0RPH3US 14 Apr 2016 12:14

im loving this round (hey where is my roids?)
dont get me wrong, dont want to have all rounds like this, but its a nice change
finally some war button usage, finally some fighting
keep it rolling

curious to see what those value alliances can come up with now!

Kaiba 14 Apr 2016 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0RPH3US (Post 3251059)
im loving this round (hey where is my roids?)
dont get me wrong, dont want to have all rounds like this, but its a nice change
finally some war button usage, finally some fighting
keep it rolling

curious to see what those value alliances can come up with now!

Well I reckon from the 2 'value' alliances that Rainbows will do nothing and BF will implode at the first sign of serious incs