Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Impact of prelaunch on launch times (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199701)

Mzyxptlk 19 Mar 2012 11:42

Impact of prelaunch on launch times

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remy (Post 3214110)
Actually i have all round data since like round 20 from CT, so i COULD compare incs times if that would be appreciated.

Yes, please!

neroon 19 Mar 2012 12:04

Re: Impact of prelaunch on launch times

well.. whats the point :P

Mzyxptlk 19 Mar 2012 14:33

Having data is important. It's what's missing in way too many game design discussions on the PA forums. The tag limits debate, for example. One side is certain high limits are the way to go, the other is equally certain low limits are the way to go, and neither has any facts to base their points on. Fortresses without foundations.

So while there is no point right this moment, as next round's setup has already been decided, knowing how prelaunch affects launch times will come in handy in the future.

Influence 19 Mar 2012 15:08

if you ask me, just looking at launchtimes is a bit shortsighted tho. Imho, you also need to look at the amount of attacks for instance.

Monroe 19 Mar 2012 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Influence (Post 3214118)
if you ask me, just looking at launchtimes is a bit shortsighted tho. Imho, you also need to look at the amount of attacks for instance.

I know Remy has that data too (at least for CT)!

dabult 20 Mar 2012 20:38

Launchtimes is already set..there will be more 4-5am launches, no need for stats to know that :P

Mzyxptlk 20 Mar 2012 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Influence (Post 3214118)

Oh, yes, that's what I meant. I don't have all that much faith in alliances' abilities to make decisions in the metaphorical split-second that is a 7 week round of PA., so looking purely at when alliances set the launch times for their gal raids is not really going to do us much good. Much more telling is whether individual people changed when they launched their attacks

From what little data I've seen and it does indeed appear to be the case that people changed their attack patterns, though to lesser degree than I'd expected (and hoped). Perhaps time would've improved matters, but I guess we won't find out.

As Monroe said, Remy offered to share his treasure trove of data, and since CT is one of the more consistent alliances out there, that would make for excellent comparison material. Hence, this thread. Now we just need to wait for him to find it.

Cochese 21 Mar 2012 03:13

mz for president!