Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Fleet Launches (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201429)

[DDK]gm 18 Sep 2017 16:08

Fleet Launches

Could Cin finish coding the alliance fleet launch system.

If you have set a fleet to launch and then the member goes and cancels the fleet to send it manually, the fleet launch should be credited back to the alliance, end of story.

Currently that launch credit is lost and it is just utter laziness that it has been designed this way.

Lukey 18 Sep 2017 16:34

Re: Fleet Launches

I'd love it if this feature is fixed, it's a little illogical as it stands.

Ultramar 18 Sep 2017 16:57

+1

Blink 18 Sep 2017 17:03

It's common sense, no idea why it wasn't coded this way in the start.

+1

Reincarnate 18 Sep 2017 17:11

I can't see why anyone would vote against this, so the poll seems superfluous.

The question is, can anyone be bothered to get it done?

Devaco 18 Sep 2017 17:23

Oh, it wasn't like this already.

How many not needed pa mails I send last round then?

Gabba 18 Sep 2017 18:33

And change launches. No prelaunch allowed. Only live launch..

BloodyButcher 18 Sep 2017 19:44

We have had this discussion multiple times allready, and im not even sure what i argued for the last time.
How i see it now, most "lower tier" tags allready give their members access to launch fleets, and they dont have this as an exclusive right for the "royality" in their tag.
The alliance defence fleet was perhaps made to "even the battlefield", and to benifit those that wernt full time PA players.
The current implementation rewards open alliances, where everyone is given the same access to fleets, wich is a positive thing.

The first implementation was afaik without limits to fleets sent, and changed into the current state by popular demands.
Buffing the alliance defence fleet could push the game slightly in the wrong direction.

Ultramar 18 Sep 2017 20:21

This isn't buffing the Ally Def fleet!

It is changing it so that as soon as a person logs on and cancels an Ally Fleet Launch from the PLANET fleets page, it is added back to the remaining launches, just like when it is cancelled from the ALLIANCE fleets page.

There is no reason to differentiate the two. If someone logs on to send def, why go through the process of going to the Ally page to cancel, then back to the Planet page to send?

If the planet doesn't have access to the ally page, then he/she cannot even cancel his own ally fleet without the fleet launch being credited!

Mzyxptlk 18 Sep 2017 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramar (Post 3259872)
This isn't buffing the Ally Def fleet!

Sure it does: it adds (or stops deducting, which comes down to the same thing) a launch slot every time someone cancels and launches manually. I mean, it's a good change and I like it, but there's no sense denying it's a (slight) buff.

M0RPH3US 23 Sep 2017 07:06

yes

Patrikc 23 Sep 2017 23:04

I've brought this up with PA team a few rounds ago, it is working as intended.