Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So last night (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=186527)

Vaio 21 Jul 2005 14:34

So last night

I goes to work and some twat has stuck an NF recruitment sticker on the door.

I start ripping it off and out of no-where comes Mr Plod in his customised Peugeot 407.

He asked me what I was doing so I told him I was cleaning some shit off the door. He asked to take a closer look so I gave him the bits of sticker I had already removed.

His reply was 'Well, it's lucky none of it has gone on the floor or I would have been arrested for littering'

What a twat !

ChubbyChecker 21 Jul 2005 14:54

Re: So last night

What's NF?

Kurashima 21 Jul 2005 14:58

Prolly wasnt even a proper plod, just a CSO or whatever those useless twats are called.

Yahwe 21 Jul 2005 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaio
I goes to work and some twat has stuck an NF recruitment sticker on the door.

I start ripping it off and out of no-where comes Mr Plod in his customised Peugeot 407.

He asked me what I was doing so I told him I was cleaning some shit off the door. He asked to take a closer look so I gave him the bits of sticker I had already removed.

His reply was 'Well, it's lucky none of it has gone on the floor or I would have been arrested for littering'

What a twat !

you should have pointed out that littering isn't an arrestable offence.

Radical Edward 21 Jul 2005 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
What's NF?

National Front probably. with an N in it, it is bound to be something nationalistic.

Radical Edward 21 Jul 2005 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahwe
you should have pointed out that littering isn't an arrestable offence.

do you ever get these kinds of encounters with the police where you tell them what they can't do?

Yahwe 21 Jul 2005 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radical Edward
do you ever get these kinds of encounters with the police where you tell them what they can't do?

you don't get encounters with the police when you have an accent like mine.

Radical Edward 21 Jul 2005 15:31

I like that answer :)

Che 21 Jul 2005 15:36

Quote:

I once told a cop the correct speed limit for the road I was on... He had pulled me for speeding.

I was right and he accepted that... before going all over the car to find something wrong, a nice wee rear bulb which had blown... £50 for voicing an opinion....

Madina 21 Jul 2005 15:37

Its lucky the police are chasing proper criminals

TheShadowMan 21 Jul 2005 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Che
I once told a cop the correct speed limit for the road I was on... He had pulled me for speeding.

I was right and he accepted that... before going all over the car to find something wrong, a nice wee rear bulb which had blown... £50 for voicing an opinion....

Che you should have taken his badge number, the station he works out of and his reporting seargant after he made the mistake with the speeding. Say right I'm making a complaint for misconduct and wasting time

That will usually deter them from being pedantic shits.

Che 21 Jul 2005 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShadowMan
Che you should have taken his badge number, the station he works out of and his reporting seargant after he made the mistake with the speeding. Say right I'm making a complaint for misconduct and wasting time

I suppose, but tbh, it wasn't worth the hassle. Did that once when I was pulled for no other reason than driving the wrong type of car for the area ( Company loaned BMW in north belfast... bit outta place). 3 years later and I'm still waiting to hear what was done about it, but c'est la vie

All Systems Go 21 Jul 2005 16:07

petrol bomb the police station. Justice, vigliante style.

Nusselt 21 Jul 2005 16:19

id have taken his number and wrote a letter to the police, then to my mp (i have no idea who that is) then to the local media.

Before long chinese whispers would have resulted in 'Secret NF police infiltration shocka' and id have just shrugged and said that wasn't what i said.

noone likes the pigs.

Yahwe 21 Jul 2005 16:29

Quote:

I like that answer :)

I feel i must add that i think it's disgusting that it is true.

i see the police victimising and frankly bullying people whom they consider poor or from certain socio economic backgrounds (dare i even say races)

whereas if i open my mouth and say "officer" they'll snap to attention and do what ever i ask all the while calling me sir.

like a school ground bully who's just bumped into the headmaster.

i can only ever think less of them for it

Marilyn Manson 21 Jul 2005 16:33

What sad little people the police are.

Che 21 Jul 2005 16:41

Although, in the defence of the decent cops around, (yes... they do exist), they have to put up with the stigma of being useless, lazy, etc.

I know that one cop gave me nice directions round a riot zone once. I suppose it's like all jobs, see a bad one and that's an opinion formed...

Marilyn Manson 21 Jul 2005 16:44

I just don't believe I've ever met a fire/police/security officer who I've ever liked. They're all nasty shits who have had charisma bypasses.

Deepflow 21 Jul 2005 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I just don't believe I've ever met a fire/police/security officer who I've ever liked. They're all nasty shits who have had charisma bypasses.

The one who took my drugs away in leicester square was actually quite nice.

apart from the whole "being a tool of an unjust system" thing that is.

dda 21 Jul 2005 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShadowMan

Or get you clubbed senseless and arrested for resisting or attacking an officer or some such.

KaneED 21 Jul 2005 17:03

I like my dad and he's a policeman.

Afaik he's not one of those arsehole policeman but he may well be I have just never found out

NEWSBOT3 21 Jul 2005 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepflow
The one who took my drugs away in leicester square was actually quite nice.

apart from the whole "being a tool of an unjust system" thing that is.

let it go henry

let it go.

CrashTester 21 Jul 2005 17:36

Quote:

you don't get encounters with the police when you have an accent like mine.

Well not unless they are high ranking officers and its in the bedroom anyway.

JammyJim 21 Jul 2005 17:46

Its traffic cops that are the problem. The only reason you go into traffic policing is so you can pull people over with an air of power and go home at night knowing the entire world hates you.

but you love it.

dda 21 Jul 2005 17:49

You say that as if it were a bad thing.

Yahwe 21 Jul 2005 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by dda
You say that as if it were a bad thing.

he's a boy racer

Demon Dave 22 Jul 2005 00:45

this makes me :(
espically since my back-up plan is to join the police :(

dda 22 Jul 2005 05:56

I like cops.
There are a lot of advantages to the job, at least around here.
Good benefits and after 30 years you can retire on 90% of your pay.

Deffeh 22 Jul 2005 16:32

At T in the Park when i was blitzed, out my face, lying on the grass i raised my arm to the air at the nearest copper. He came up to me and said "What, you want a hand getting up?" and i said "Naw, geez a ****ing handshake".

I was very ****ed, and very funny. He gave me the handshake though so it was all good in the hood

JammyJim 22 Jul 2005 16:44

Quote:

he's a boy racer

boy would mean im teenage
and racer would infer i 'race' people.

i do neither.
it also conjurs images of body kitted novas and plastic exhausts which make lots of noise.

my car is neither a nova or has a plastic exhaust