Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Whats the difference between George Best, Steve Finnan, and Robin Van Persie? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=185981)

Deffeh 14 Jun 2005 13:21

Whats the difference between George Best, Steve Finnan, and Robin Van Persie?

One fiddles kiddies, one causes death by dangerous driving, and one is a rapist.

Another proud couple of days for football

pablissimo 14 Jun 2005 13:23

Re: Whats the difference between George Best, Steve Finnan, and Robin Van Persie?

I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I ask 'HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE, BEST?'.

KoeN 14 Jun 2005 13:24

Re: Whats the difference between George Best, Steve Finnan, and Robin Van Persie?

i miss Patrick Kluivert in this list, who is both rapist and murderer.

(ps i already know about van Van Persie for 4 hours, was waiting for the BBC-news as you faggots can't read Dutch). :(

NEWSBOT3 14 Jun 2005 13:25

(ex) premiership footballers in being overpaid ****ing morons shocker.

NEWSBOT3 14 Jun 2005 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoeN
i miss Patrick Kluivert in this list, who is both rapist and murderer.

(ps i already know about van Van Persie for 4 hours, was waiting for the BBC-news as you faggots can't read Dutch). :(

Local news source faster than one in foreign country shocker!

LHC 14 Jun 2005 13:29

No footballer is a rapist story is ever true.

Phang 14 Jun 2005 13:49

i had a problem earlier because i wanted to get to the football front page; i have it on RSS so normally i'd just click a random link and go to the page from there. it took me five attempts: i hit something about glazer and these three first.

Dante Hicks 14 Jun 2005 13:54

The problem with "indecent assault" is that (as I understand it), it's quite a wide category of offences. It could just be that he felt up the 13 year old girl, which is still obviously fairly bad but it's not really on par with other abuse cases.

Once again though, I really don't know why names of suspects are released before they're found guilty. It makes a mockery of "innocent until proven guilty" with things like this, imo (although admittedly I don't know how you'd get around this easily).

KoeN 14 Jun 2005 14:12

[Dutch comic]

G.K Zhukov 14 Jun 2005 14:34

Since the latest wave of accusations against footballers (anyone remembering Alex Ferguson beeing accused of rape after 2 days in South-Africa? or the bar brawl of Rooney etc), Ive stopped taking it so seriously. Seems there is plenty of people who's more than willing to accuse a famous person for something.

If Persie is found guilty however, he won't have a club to come back too. Wenger sent away Pennent for driving under the influence of alchol, and this is even more serious.

Leshy 14 Jun 2005 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoeN

[English Version]

KoeN 14 Jun 2005 16:11

<3 leshy :)

Dark-Strider 14 Jun 2005 17:14

God, they're all probaly innocent. Half these charges are just by publicity seeking nobody's.

Marilyn Manson 14 Jun 2005 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavius
test

I think it's time you took some time out to improve your internet skillz.

Four day ban.

Ste 14 Jun 2005 17:42

You can't neg rep a banned person :(

fdm2907 14 Jun 2005 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I think it's time you took some time out to improve your internet skillz.

Four day ban.

[18:33:54] <Flavius> I particularly like the fact MM deleted idi's 2x 'test' posts
[18:33:59] <Flavius> and only quoted me
[18:34:03] <Flavius> and only banned me for 4 days

way to be biased MM

Lupin 14 Jun 2005 17:50

hahahaha!

this is sweet flav.

roadrunner_0 14 Jun 2005 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste
You can't neg rep a banned person :(

we can neg rep his alternate account though!

Marilyn Manson 14 Jun 2005 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdm2907
way to be biased MM

I banned you for several reasons:

- You had already been warned about shitiness yesterday with the Arabic thread.

- You have a history of shit posting, and by this point you should know better.

- You presumably saw Idi's test posts in Vaio's thread, and then decided it would be a good idea to post 'test' across multiple threads. (Why?)

- Idi usually adheers to the rules much more than you do, and in any case, he might have had a genuine reason for 'test' posts. (And anyway, it was an isolated incident, and I always let them pass. Everyone has their 'silly' days.)

So yes, it was well merited. You have no reason to complain; the fault is your own. Most people seem to be complaining about the apparent leiniency of it, if anything else.

roadrunner_0 14 Jun 2005 18:24

i think MM just bitchslapped flav back into the stoneage

Yahwe 14 Jun 2005 18:30

yes he seems to have

wonderful.

isn't it :)

Alki 15 Jun 2005 03:22

what is the difference?

MrL_JaKiri 15 Jun 2005 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deffeh
One fiddles kiddies, one causes death by dangerous driving, and one is a rapist.

Another proud couple of days for football

It's quite likely that "football" (or at least "the footballers") have done nothing wrong in some of those cases (the RVP one especially). The rape charges seem to just come from attention seeking money grubbing whores, for example.